Monday, February 25, 2013

Second Bedroom

Our second project was completing our second bedroom.  In the past the second bedroom has been used as a storage room and has never really had a purpose.  Our house is pretty small so we used it for anything we didn't know where else to put so basically it was a MESS!!!!
 
I don't have a before picture but this is how it felt to me.....
 
 
 
We knew we wanted it to be a bedroom so we could have visitors so we started with a fresh coat of paint.  For basically the whole house we are going with biscuit (plain, bland, generic and hides imperfections in 1952 plastered walls like a pro!!!).  One thing to admit is prior to all these home renovations I have done 0 home repairs in my life so this was the first room I have ever painted!  Since this time I have become a pro!!! 
 
Another point to admit is I can't decorate to save my life.  I do enjoy Pinterest and pretending I know how to decorate but honestly everything I see I like in a store is adolescent girl chic so Cindy, Brent's mom came to the rescue and made this room look HGTV!
 
She found this one picture on sale at Hobby Lobby and planned the whole room around it.
 
 
The picture doesn't do it justice but it is sort of a yellow color with gray as well.
 
From there she basically found things and put this room together which is perfect and excited for anyone to come visit!
 
Finished Product
 
 
 
We still want to add something to the corners by the head of the bed but haven't found exactly what we want yet. 
 
Lynn and Kelly came to visit the weekend after we finished this project and it was great to have a place for visitors to sleep.  Previously they were sleeping on the couch so bet a new, warm, cozy bed was better!!!
 
Next project:  Living Room!!!!
 


1 comment:

  1. Love it! Everything looks great. Keep up the good work!! It's soo worth it!

    ReplyDelete